I already did this recipe two times, first as muffins and then as a cake. And it was tasty both ways. The combination of the three main ingredients is delicious.
- 200 g of butter (original recipe was 250 g but I always reduce the butter in my gluten-free cakes/muffins)
- 150 g of honey
- 150 g of caster sugar
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml of milk
- 300 g of gluten free self raisin flour
- 80 g of flaked almonds
- Beat the butter with the sugar, add the eggs, then the honey and the milk.
- Mix the flour and the cinnamon.
- Add the almonds to the mix and keep some to later put on the top of your cake or muffins.
- Put the mix in a muffin tray or in a ring cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20 min or until golden. If you are doing the cake version, the cake will need more time in the oven. Check with a toothpick or a cake tester to see if it is cooked.